COVID-19 UPDATE – NOVEMBER 2020
Please note that The Gym on Fennell and The Gym on Locke will continue to be open for workouts on Monday, November 16th as usual with a few adjustments. (read below)
We are fortunate to operate on a limited membership which allows us to average below the 10-member threshold/hour as outlined in the RED COVID DESIGNATION mandated as of Monday, November 16th.,2020.
THE GYM ON FENNELL
ZONE 1- (lower level) allows 4 members utilizing the 3-meter rule for distancing.
ZONE 2- (upper main level) allows the maximum of 10 members.
ZONE 3- (studio) allows 3 members utilizing the 3-meter rule for distancing.
THE GYM ON LOCKE
ZONE 1- (upper level) allows the maximum of 10 members
ZONE 2- (lower level) allows 5 members utilizing the 3-meter rule for distancing.
Before entering the building, you must always review the COVID PRE-SCREENING RULES posted on the front door. By entering the premises with your electronic security access card, you acknowledge that you have read the Covid Pre-Screening Rules and comply with all points.
As of Monday, November 16th members can work out every other day therefore never two days in a row. This will help be fair to all members and ensure our workouts/hour stay below the required threshold. This is not for ever but we all need to help out to get through this challenging time. Thank you.
We also ask our members to help by keeping workouts under 1 hour as well changing work out times (from time to time) away from the more prime times being Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday’s (5pm to 8pm) and Saturday/Sunday’s (10am to 1pm). Every little bit helps….
Face covering is required at all times when entering the front doors of the Gym but can be removed/pushed to the side when actually exercising.
Please respect the 3-meter social distancing requirement.
We will continue to maintain the Gym at the highest level of hygiene and cleanliness. If we all make the effort, be considerate and be kind to one another we will get through this unfortunate situation.
PRINTABLE FORM FOR MEMBERS:
- We ask all members to review our COVID-19 Policies & Procedures
- Click the button below to download our PDF form
- Print the form and bring it completed and signed upon your first visit back.
A Comprehensive Approach
We continue to follow stringent sanitation protocols for proper disinfection, operation and maintenance, as well as adding additional procedures to achieve a new level of cleanliness.
- Continuous scheduled disinfection of high-touch surfaces throughout the club
- Club hours adjusted on Wednesdays & Sundays from 12am to 3am to allow for deep cleaning
- Club Staff receive ongoing training on cleaning protocols and are provided with disinfecting kits
- Easy, readily available Antibacterial Gym Wipes available throughout the Gym
- Hand-sanitizing stations are conveniently located
A Safer Way to Be Together
We are taking careful actions to facilitate social distancing. Look for extra signs to remind members to help us all practice social distancing.
You will likely notice increased spacing between equipment and within workout areas were possible to allow for appropriate social distancing. Barriers have been installed between all cardio equipment to add another level of protection.
Taking Care — For Us All
All staff are required to wear a shield/mask as well undergo temperature checks prior to each shift. Additionally, we will be randomly conducting member temperature checks prior to work outs to ensure an additional level of safety.
Putting Your Health First
From staying informed to boosting your immune system, here’s what you can do to prioritize your health.
WHAT YOU CAN DO
Protect Yourself and Others
While enjoying our Gyms, please follow these procedures to help prevent the spread of the COVID-19 virus:
- Wash your hands vigorously and frequently
- Use a hand sanitizer that’s at least 60% alcohol
- Keep 6 feet apart from other people
- Avoid touching your face
- Masks and gloves are encouraged but not required
- Avoid contact with people who are sick.
Stay Home if You are Sick
Studies suggest that COVID-19 may be spread by people who are asymptomatic. But if you have a fever, a cough, shortness of breath even just feel a little run down, don’t take a chance—stay home.
Help Boost Your Immune System
Now more than ever, it’s essential to prioritize our health by helping our bodies better fight and recover from illness.
- Get at least 20 minutes a day of exercise to prime the immune system, helping combat bacteria and viruses. Even low-intensity exercise like going for a walk or slowing down with yoga or meditation helps by reducing stress.
- Eat a nutrient-dense diet comprised of whole foods like meat, vegetables, fruits, nuts and whole grains while avoiding sugar, refined grains, processed or packaged foods.
- Get at least 7 to 8 hours of sleep a night to allow your body time to perform preventive maintenance, which helps bolster the immune system.
- Spend time outdoors to naturally boost your vitamin D levels and/or consider supplementing with vitamin D + K2.