The safety of our members and staff is what’s most important. Since 2009 we have always been dedicated to delivering a healthy way of life to our neighborhoods in Hamilton. Each of us will play an important role in making your club a safe experience for us all. The Gym on Locke/Fennell is taking extra precautions to help our members and communities stay safe and healthy.
As we navigate through our reopening of our locations, there will be some new things to expect. We appreciate your help and understanding as we work through this time together.
A Comprehensive Approach
We continue to follow stringent sanitation protocols for proper disinfection, operation and maintenance, as well as adding additional procedures to achieve a new level of cleanliness.
- Continuous scheduled disinfection of high-touch surfaces throughout the club
- Club hours adjusted on Wednesdays & Sundays from 12am to 3am to allow for deep cleaning
- Club Staff receive ongoing training on cleaning protocols and are provided with disinfecting kits
- Easy, readily available Antibacterial Gym Wipes available throughout the Gym
- Hand-sanitizing stations are conveniently located
A Safer Way to Be Together
We are taking careful actions to facilitate social distancing. Look for extra signs to remind members to help us all practice social distancing.
You will likely notice increased spacing between equipment and within workout areas were possible to allow for appropriate social distancing. Barriers have been installed between all cardio equipment to add another level of protection.
Taking Care — For Us All
All staff are required to wear a shield/mask as well undergo temperature checks prior to each shift. Additionally, we will be randomly conducting member temperature checks prior to work outs to ensure an additional level of safety.
Putting Your Health First
From staying informed to boosting your immune system, here’s what you can do to prioritize your health.
WHAT YOU CAN DO
Protect Yourself and Others
While enjoying our Gyms, please follow these procedures to help prevent the spread of the COVID-19 virus:
- Wash your hands vigorously and frequently
- Use a hand sanitizer that’s at least 60% alcohol
- Keep 6 feet apart from other people
- Avoid touching your face
- Masks and gloves are encouraged but not required
- Avoid contact with people who are sick.
Stay Home if You are Sick
Studies suggest that COVID-19 may be spread by people who are asymptomatic. But if you have a fever, a cough, shortness of breath even just feel a little run down, don’t take a chance—stay home.
Help Boost Your Immune System
Now more than ever, it’s essential to prioritize our health by helping our bodies better fight and recover from illness.
- Get at least 20 minutes a day of exercise to prime the immune system, helping combat bacteria and viruses. Even low-intensity exercise like going for a walk or slowing down with yoga or meditation helps by reducing stress.
- Eat a nutrient-dense diet comprised of whole foods like meat, vegetables, fruits, nuts and whole grains while avoiding sugar, refined grains, processed or packaged foods.
- Get at least 7 to 8 hours of sleep a night to allow your body time to perform preventive maintenance, which helps bolster the immune system.
- Spend time outdoors to naturally boost your vitamin D levels and/or consider supplementing with vitamin D + K2.